The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a assessment that is state-required to determine college-readiness in reading, writing, and math. All college that is first-time has to take the TSI test before searching for classes unless you are exempt or complete.
1. Verify TSI status
Look at the range of TSI exemptions and score completions to determine for those who have already met TSI requirements within one or even more areas (reading, writing, and math) or meet the criteria for an exemption. You have to show proof of exemption. You could bring your proof of waiver or exemption, if applicable, to virtually any campus Advising Office. Those people who are not exempt/complete is going to step two.
You do not have to use the TSI Assessment in the event that you:
- Have earned a C or higher in a course that is college-level a certified institution. This course must be equal to an ACC course on the approved ACC TSI course list.
- Previously attended college and also been determined to possess met college readiness standards by that institution; or
- Are student that is searching for an amount 1 certificate program as they are taking courses ONLY in the certificate plan that is award or
- Are serving on active duty as a part associated with the armed forces associated with United States, the Texas National Guard, or as an associate of a reserve element of the armed forces regarding the United States and have been serving for at the least 3 years preceding enrollment; or
- On or after August 1, 1990, were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a part associated with armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as an associate of a reserve part of the armed forces associated with United States. Sigue leyendo Follow this checklist to use the TSI assessment test at Austin Community College or see whether you are exempt.