Consider it this way. The fact Word can be so means that are prevalent it has to appeal to a number of users—students, businesspeople, writers, teachers, marketers, lawyers, the list goes on as well as on and on.
But Scrivener was made for just one variety of person only:
And if you’re a writer, chances are you’ve heard of Scrivener. A lot of writers absolutely love this program, along with its advanced functions and writing experience that is distraction-free.
In short, Scrivener offers you an insane level of flexibility for writing, formatting, and organizing your book for self-publishing.
Blogger and author, Jeff Goins, swears by Scrivener after giving up word. He says,
“I wasted years of my entire life doing all my writing on Microsoft Word. But that is all over now. I have finally heard of light.”
Entrepreneur Michael Hyatt also praises Scrivener: “I now begin every piece of content—no matter what it is—with this tool. It has simplified my life and enabled me to focus on the most critical element of my job—creating content that is new. I am more productive than ever before.”
Here are a few associated with the top takeaways for this book writing software:
- Is great for plotting for fiction authors
- Easily export important computer data to many other digital platforms such as Kobo, ibooks, etc. (this can be among the best features)
- Provides functionality that is outlining keeps your content organized
- Powerful composition mode with distraction-free writing environment
- Easily drag and drop to maneuver sections around
- Provides an accumulation of robust templates
- Supports MultiMarkdown for bullets and numbers