The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a assessment that is state-required to determine college-readiness in reading, writing, and math. All college that is first-time has to take the TSI test before searching for classes unless you are exempt or complete.
1. Verify TSI status
Look at the range of TSI exemptions and score completions to determine for those who have already met TSI requirements within one or even more areas (reading, writing, and math) or meet the criteria for an exemption. You have to show proof of exemption. You could bring your proof of waiver or exemption, if applicable, to virtually any campus Advising Office. Those people who are not exempt/complete is going to step two.
You do not have to use the TSI Assessment in the event that you:
- Have earned a C or higher in a course that is college-level a certified institution. This course must be equal to an ACC course on the approved ACC TSI course list.
- Previously attended college and also been determined to possess met college readiness standards by that institution; or
- Are student that is searching for an amount 1 certificate program as they are taking courses ONLY in the certificate plan that is award or
- Are serving on active duty as a part associated with the armed forces associated with United States, the Texas National Guard, or as an associate of a reserve element of the armed forces regarding the United States and have been serving for at the least 3 years preceding enrollment; or
- On or after August 1, 1990, were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a part associated with armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as an associate of a reserve part of the armed forces associated with United States.
- You have completed the SAT, ACT, or any other approved assessment exam with the minimum score necessary for TSI exemption.
Test Score Exemptions
The tests that are following be used to exempt you against one or more parts of the TSI Assessment. Tests should have been taken in the previous 5 years.
? Note: Mixing or scores that are combining the SAT administered prior to March 2016 additionally the SAT administered March 2016 and later, is certainly not allowable.
TSI Complete Scores
You’ve got completed Texas Success Initiative requirements for a subject area if you:
- Earn the score that is minimum in the chart below
- Official photo ID
- Know your security that is social number
- Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate
- Testing fee fee or receipt waiver
Note*: A placement score lower than 340 and an ABE Diagnostic standard of at the very least 4, and essay score with a minimum of 5.
Request TSI Scores
Complete the Request for TSI Scores if you would like to pull your test scores taken at another HS/college/university.
2. Complete TSI test preparation
If you are incomplete in just about any area(s) and generally are unable to provide evidence of exemption, you have to take the TSI Assessment. ? Complete the customwritings TSI assessment preparation steps if you need to take all or an element of the assessment. The steps provide test preparation instruction and practices resources. You will have to print the pre-Assessment Activity Completion out Certificate and take it with you on the day associated with test.
3. Pay testing fee
If you want to make the assessment, pay your testing fees online. Important: Save the printed receipt as proof you paid.
If you should be eligible for a Pell Grant, you can request an TSI Assessment fee waiver from Financial Aid.
4. Schedule your test
Review the TSI testing schedule to obtain the time that is best and location. Contact the testing center at your campus to schedule the test. Drop-in testing can be acquired at some campuses; please call the campus to find out more. Seating is not guaranteed.
5. Bring your test
Arrive on the day that is scheduled time, and location. Bring the following:
Get a great amount of rest the before your test night. Allow at least five hours to accomplish all test sections. A diagnostic exam may also be required, dependent on your results.